Monday 1 October 2012

It's all been done before

Oh look it's another opinionated Geek Blog! Stop the presses! Now this is the part where I try and convince you as to how mine is different by saying stuff like 'I tell it how it is', or 'I'll provide hilarious commentary on Geek culture' or even by saying ' that I provide an original perspective'. It's all bull if you ask me. As far as I'm concerned the internet has pretty much reached saturation point when it comes to geek culture, especially comics and gaming. Everything has already been done. There are thousand's of geek websites, comics blogs,  pod-casts and the more recently established (but already flooded new medium) geek youtube channels. You would be an idiot to join the party at this stage....and yet here we are.

For starters, yes I am calling myself an idiot (although if you red my bio and saw I'm doing an arts degree you would have already figured that). However, I am not starting this blog under the false illusion that people will actually read it and will not got to much effort (if any) to promote it. It's simply here to get me writing on a regular basis and a place to post my reviews that aren't really relevant to the other sites I write for.

So If you are looking for top notch Australian Geek coverage may I suggest cheeking out http://www.geekofoz.com/ the or http://themomusreport.blogspot.com.au (also Emmet  of the Momus report has a charming Irish accent that I could never provide). That said if you enjoyed reading this good for you. Have a cookie... oh and also thanks for taking the time to read this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment